Water washing of the crude unit overhead is done by injecting a large amount of water as a fine spray upstream of
the overhead heat exchangers or coolers.
The beneficial effects of water washing:
- Super-saturation of the overhead with water vapor and water droplets, thus preventing acidic condensate to form.
- Dissolution of deposited salts from the surfaces.
- It allows integral application of a water-soluble inhibitor.
- Higher tolerance for overhead HCl
- Less product contamination with amines
- Less onerous desalting.
- Less caustic injection needed.
Washing facilities are simple in concept but sensitive in design. The innovation that is now available consists of retractable injection lances that are placed in the top of the overhead line. These lances have many spray orifices that create a thick non-impingeing low-momentum water mist in the overhead vapor. Since the device is retractable during operation, inspection and maintenance of the injection lance can be carried out without disrupting the process.
This low-cost innovation has a high-effect potential. The device can be installed in parallel to all existing corrosion control facilities, making it a no-regrets modification.
- If you operate a crude unit with a history of persistent overhead corrosion problems, this
may well be your solution.
- If you operate a crude unit but suffer high costs for corrosion control, this is an attractive
- If you are restricted in your crude diet because of overhead corrosion concerns, this
innovation can broaden your range.
Call +31620105761 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details or an appointment.
© 2014 CORROSIONCONTROL.NU | SITE BY VINCENT HAASE